Status: Full–Time/ Non-Exempt
Opening Available for Fiscal Specialist
Salary: $21.79 hourly Pay Grade: 5
- Performs responsible, professional, and technical activities to support the administration and implementation of the organization’s financial, auditing, and purchasing functions; ensures compliance with all financial policies, procedures, and guidelines set forth by the organization and regulatory agencies
- Reviews and maintains accounts receivable (AR) aging reports and follows up with outstanding accounts receivable in a timely manner via collection calls and collection agency activity/reporting
- Performs general ledger accounting, reporting, and reconciliations; prepares monthly reconciliations of assets, recoupment, cash receipts; prepares general journal entries and reports based on reconciliations; coordinates with other accounting staff in preparation for the monthly, quarterly, and annual closing of the general ledger
- Processes incoming payments received from outside vendors
- Prepares invoices according to financial policies; submits invoices to vendors
- Maintains and updates vendors’ files, including name or address changes, mergers, or mailing attentions
- Compiles and completes monthly match funding reports to the various funders
- Receives and records all cash receipts within the accounting system
- Provides various banking needs for the organization such as deposit inquiry and credit card information as needed
- Assists with internal and external vendor audits; compiles and/or research information for areas of assignments
- Confers with internal and external parties, by email and phone, to resolve AR discrepancies and/or obtain statistical data and documentation for various reports and/or projects
- Distributes and processes incoming and outgoing mail
- Assists in the receipt of goods purchased for the organization between all departments to ensure procurement policies are executed
- Prepares supporting documentation and information for the annual fiscal audit
Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance, mathematics, or business administration; supplemented by one (1) year of directly related experience; or an equivalent combination of education, certification, training, and/or experience.
A valid State of Florida Driver License, proof of auto insurance, and eligibility to secure a car via authorized car rental agency is required.
ELC of Southwest Florida is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Employees of the ELCSWFL and applicants for employment shall be afforded equal opportunity in all aspects of employment without regard to race, color, religion, political affiliation, national origin, disability, marital status, gender or age.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org