There is money available to continue adding children to our waitlist to childcare facilities. Some of that money could be yours!
Funding is available for parents to choose from contracting providers where they would like to send their children. If you can provide that care, the Early Learning Coalition of Southwest Florida needs you!
The primary funding source for the School Readiness program is the federal Child Care and Development Fund Block Grant (CCDBG).
They have put in place a list of School Readiness requirements. Please click here to read or download the Health and Safety Handbook for Facilities.
In addition to requirements to serve school readiness children, there are also benefits:
- Parents who otherwise might not know about your childcare learn about it when they make their choice of a childcare for their child
- Most of the cost of care is paid by the Coalition, with the parent co-pay and possible differential (the difference between what your private pay rate is and what the Coalition pays) paid by the parent. Providers know they will be paid for the school readiness children they serve.
- Childcare facilities are assigned an Early Childhood Specialist who is available to provide technical assistance and who visits occasionally to offer support.
- CLASS (Classroom Assessment Scoring System) is provided at no cost to all School Readiness providers. The score on this assessment effects the level of payment received. The higher the score, the higher the reimbursement.
- Those who can achieve reliability on the child assessment system are also paid an additional amount per child.
- Grants are sometimes available through the Division of Early Learning. These are offered to those who contract with the Coalition.
- The Coalition contracts with a nurse from the Collier County Health Department who is available to all contracted providers in Collier, Lee, Hendry and Glades for questions and technical assistance.
- Professional development classes are offered at no charge, and CEUs are available.
- An inclusion coordinator is available who will come out and observe if there are concerns about a child’s development or behavior. She will talk to parents and help facilitate a referral if necessary.
Email Brenda at Brenda.email@example.com to find out how you can become a contracted Coalition provider.