Each school year, the Early Learning Coalition sponsors the Literacy Buddy Program which provides children with books to take home and share with their families. The program also encourages them to express themselves through correspondence with their adult buddy. Children come to school better prepared to learn when they interact with adults who regularly read, write and talk with them.
Are you a Preschool Provider? Follow this link to the Literacy Buddy Program for Preschool Providers
You can become a Literacy Buddy!
- A Literacy Buddy agrees to receive letters from a child in an early learning facility served by the Early Learning Coalition.
- The Buddy, in turn, sends a letter and high quality book in response to the child’s letter.
- This exchange takes place three times from mid fall to spring.
- The program teaches children about correspondence, communication and instills appreciation of high quality children’s literature.
Please take a moment to fill out the application to become a Literacy Buddy.
- Fillable application to become a Literacy Buddy – English
- Fillable application to become a Literacy Buddy – Spanish
Already a Buddy and want to continue with the program? Just click LiteracyBuddies@elcofswfl.org and let us know. You can also use this link to ask for more information about the program, or call (239) 935-6186.